We are so pleased to announce that we took 2nd place at this year’s North American Brass Band Championships. We were facing an expanded field of entries (10 Bands), with many outstanding bands competing in this year’s First Section.
This meant we were bumped out of the main venue at The Embassy Theatre, into a hotel ballroom across the street (acoustically, a very difficult location for all of the First Section bands). In addition, we drew first in the performance order lottery. A 9:00 AM time slot!
Well, someone always has to be first in the water 😉 We had our work cut out for us and we are proud of our band for rising to the challenge!
Our thanks to our many supporters who donated, followed us along on Social Media, live-streamed the contest and sent encouraging messages!
A special shout out to the many Facebook followers who stayed up late Saturday night to read the results as we posted them from The Embassy Theatre in Indiana.
- Pikes Peak Brass Band (Colorado) – 287.2
- Weston Silver Band – 285.6
- Dublin Silver Band (Ohio) – 284.6
- Central Ohio Brass Band – 278.8
- Five Lakes Silver Band (Michigan) – 277.0
- Madison Brass Band (Wisconsin)– 275.0
- Illinois Brass Band – 268.6
- Motor City Brass Band (Detroit) – 268.0
- Fillmore Philharmonic Brass (Ohio) – 266.8
Oakland University Brass Band (Michigan) – comments only
Kudos to all of these outstanding bands who worked as hard as we did to prepare and perform!
For all Section results visit 4barsrest.com